Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Poem

Here's a poem I wrote for my Creative Writing class-

Seaside

I clamber up and over
Around and down
Taking in everything.
The soles of my bare feet
Gripping the rough, sun-soaked rock.
The breeze, smelling of brine
Rustles through the trees
And my sun-bleached hair.
The ocean gurgles and hisses
Heaving against the rocks.
A buoy lies wedged
Its body cracked and beaten.
The waves suck at it
Trying to reclaim it
But the rocks hold fast.
Off the shore, terns screech and wheel
Dropping like feathered bombs
Onto the fish below.
Farther out, buoys bob like ornaments
Their colors bright
Against the deep blue of the sea.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awesome, Graham! I really liked the "Their colors bright
Against the deep blue of the sea."

But the feathered bombs reminded me of video games.